What is the GDPR?
The European Union’s new data and privacy regulation gives more people control over their personal data. Companies are now expected to implement clearer, less ambiguous privacy policies, and introduce stronger systems to keep data safe. Individuals continue to have the right to view, modify, and request correction or deletion of their personal data where required.
The key difference of the GDPR when compared with other jurisdictions is that it applies to all citizens and residents of the EU, regardless of where they are in the world. It means that any company who works with or sells to EU clients must be compliant with the GDPR if they hold any of said clients’ data whatsoever. This includes companies with operations in China that have customers hailing from the EU.
- Our stance on data collection, processing, and protection
- What data is collected
- Who collects data at Pacific Prime
- How data is collected
- Data and consent
- Why data is collected
- How data collected is used
- When data is shared
- Your rights to view, edit, or delete your data
- Utilization of cookies
In short, Pacific Prime China only collects data that is contractually necessary to do business. This means the specific data used in order for an insurer to offer and underwrite a plan. We collect this information only as it relates to purchasing the insurance products we offer, and it is all submitted voluntarily by users. We never sell data to third parties, and information provided to third parties is only that which is necessary to provide the services we offer. Further information is never asked from you unless it is required to complete our service.
- Is Pacific Prime GDPR compliant now? We have taken every step possible to ensure that our data collection, processing, and storage systems are compliant with the GDPR – as well as any local privacy policies.
- I am not from the EU – does this law apply to me? The GDPR does not apply to non-residents or citizens of the EU, however we have extended the rights and protections of the new law to all of our clients and website users.
- Do I need to give Pacific Prime China any extra data? The only time you will be asked for private information is so we may initiate or complete an insurance application on your behalf – and only by your request.
Disclaimer: Pacific Prime China solely represents, operates and manages locally regulated insurance products and services in the territory of PR China. Any references to Pacific Prime Global Company or Group, the international services, insurance products or otherwise stated written or verbally, is for introduction purposes about our overseas network only as each entity is fully independent.